60 Minutes, 20 July 08

Sunday, 20th July
We watched our 60 Minutes story tonight with much anticipation. We were feeling quite nervous going into it and felt quite emotional whenever we saw the promotion before the show. We watched it at Rosie and Garry’s house as we are up in Sydney for Olivia to commence chemo tomorrow. Thanks for having us guys!
We were very happy with the story and felt that it was well worth the effort that went into it. It was a story of hope and inspiration and it showed how incredibly brave and strong Olivia is. She is just such a gorgeous girl. As I’ve mentioned, we hadn’t viewed the story beforehand so we had little idea what to expect. The crew took numerous hours of footage and only a small portion was actually used. For instance, the interview with James and I took an hour and they only used some small snippets.
We also found it interesting to watch Dylan’s story and to hear about his plight in the US. We wish his family all the best and hope that they too continue to give this cancer a tough fight!
We hope now that a lot more people are aware of neuroblastoma and what it does to the children and their families. We were a little disappointed, however, that our fundraising page was not acknowledged in the show, instead relying on viewers to look up our story on the 60 Minutes website, where the details of our fundraiser can be found. We hope that this does not significantly hamper our fundraising efforts as the main reason for doing the story was to raise awareness and raise funds for neuroblastoma research.
Thanks to Glenda and the 60 Minutes team for giving us the opportunity to share our story and raise awareness.
We watched our 60 Minutes story tonight with much anticipation. We were feeling quite nervous going into it and felt quite emotional whenever we saw the promotion before the show. We watched it at Rosie and Garry’s house as we are up in Sydney for Olivia to commence chemo tomorrow. Thanks for having us guys!
We were very happy with the story and felt that it was well worth the effort that went into it. It was a story of hope and inspiration and it showed how incredibly brave and strong Olivia is. She is just such a gorgeous girl. As I’ve mentioned, we hadn’t viewed the story beforehand so we had little idea what to expect. The crew took numerous hours of footage and only a small portion was actually used. For instance, the interview with James and I took an hour and they only used some small snippets.
We also found it interesting to watch Dylan’s story and to hear about his plight in the US. We wish his family all the best and hope that they too continue to give this cancer a tough fight!
We hope now that a lot more people are aware of neuroblastoma and what it does to the children and their families. We were a little disappointed, however, that our fundraising page was not acknowledged in the show, instead relying on viewers to look up our story on the 60 Minutes website, where the details of our fundraiser can be found. We hope that this does not significantly hamper our fundraising efforts as the main reason for doing the story was to raise awareness and raise funds for neuroblastoma research.
Thanks to Glenda and the 60 Minutes team for giving us the opportunity to share our story and raise awareness.

9 Comments:
Dear Lambert's
Thankyou for allowing camera's and tv presenters into your life to allow such a wonderful presentation to be viewed by many.
Your story has been amazing for Neuroblastoma awareness.
In hope
Colleen - Kaitlyn's mum
www.caringbridge.org/oceania/kaitlyn
www.geocities.com/neuroblastoma_awareness
Dear Lambert’s, (Especially Olivia),
I know you don’t know me so I’ll introduce myself. My name is John Raschke; I am also known as Grandpa John or just Gj by all of my Little Buddies. Who are my little buddies? Well, my little buddies are all of the children suffering from neuroblastoma, and their families too. So if you don’t’ mind, I be honored if I you’d allow me the privilege to call Olivia my Buddy – Thanks.
I too am very interested in spreading awareness of neuroblastoma and how horrible a disease it is. (I live in Redford, MI, and didn’t have the opportunity see the TV special) It hurts me so much to see how many of my “Little Buddies” and their families suffer that I wish I had the magic bullet that would just Kick Neuroblastoma’s butt and that the doctors would find a cure. Well, I don’t have that type of magic. But I had to do something and that something is that I decided to raise funds for neuroblastoma research and donate it to the Band of Parents who is partnering with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where the wonderful doctors are working very hard to find a cure. And while I raise donations, I also decided that I would run ultra marathons and other types of running races to honor my all of my little buddies. You can read about it here:
http://www.runningforthecure@blogspot.com/
Also, to raise awareness of Childhood Cancer (especially neuroblastoma) I am planning a really big run next year you can read about it here:
http://fightingchildhoodcancer.blogspot.com/
This is my promise to you and your family: I will continue to run and raise donations for the cause until my legs get too old or tired to run, then I’ll just have to let my Heavenly Father carry me onward in my racing till the cure is found…Yep! That’s my promise to you and I’ll keep it.
God Bless You Olivia and Your Beautiful Family too.
Gj
PS: I do have a favor to ask. My next race is August 2, 2008. It’s called the “The Legend” Trail race and I am running 10 miles or +16 kilometers. Would be OK with you and Mom and Dad if I ran that race in your honor? If so, may I copy a picture of you (you’re really pretty, but shh! don’t let Missus Gj hear that or she’ll bop me for sure) so I can print it out and wear it around my neck on race day? Along with you, I am also running the race in honor of Justin Gaudineer, Jackson Boyd, Nick Franca, Kerry Leary, Serena Lambert (hmm are you related?)
Dear Friends.
I was truly saddened but inspired to write to you after your story was shown on 60 miniutes last night.
Our son was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma 21 years ago (then aged 2) He lost his fight for life 6 months later - but has left his spirit, memories and love with us forever.
Your journey will take you to challenges that you never thought possible and the past will dissapear into a blurr of exhaustion... your journal is an exact replica of what our lives were like back then and after 20 odd years, treatments etc are much the same.
We wish you and your family all the very best as you travel through the tough times - the highest mountains and the lowest valleys - but knowing it is never a straight road.
Take care and remember to love each other too.
Our thoughts are with you :-)
Kind Regards
Charmayne & Tony Schulz
South Australia
James and Kirsty,
I have some information that might help Olivia.
During a recent scare with cancer myself (it turned out to be a benign cyst) I spent some time on the internet researching natural cancer therapies. I found out about a simple dietary addition which has been decribed by oncologist Dr. Dan C. Roehm as, "far and away the most successful anti-cancer diet in the world." It is both a preventative and a cure, and has apparently achieved wide-spread success against a large range of cancer types, including very late-stage cancer in some cases.
It is simply a mixture of flaxseed oil and cottage cheese. Flaxseed oil is the richest known source of Omerga3, and when combined with sulfur-rich proteins, the best source of which is cottage cheese, it has been shown to be a very effective cancer killer.
This therapy is based originally on the work of Nobel Prize winning doctor Otto Warburg, and was progressed by biochemist Dr. Johanna Budwig.
I'm as skeptical as most people when it comes to "miracle" cures, but the following websites contain a large number of testimonials from people who have apparently been cured by this therapy.
http://www.beckwithfamily.com/Flax1.html
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/budwigtestimonials.rtf
Kirsty, reading your blog I have been touched deeply with your love and concern for your daughter. You wanted nothing more than a chance to hope, to be told that there is more than a "less than 1%" chance of recovery. This might be the hope you're looking for.
Best wishes,
Peter
PS I've just noticed that the second website address is too long to fit onto this page. The address is
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/
budwigtestimonials.rtf - all one word
.
Hi Kirsty,
Don't know if you've already heard of it. If not please check MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution - Jim Humble)on the net. It appears to have worked for thousands of people with cancer,and other serious diseases with absolutely no side effects and costs next to nothing. Please research it.
All the very best,
Aniva.
Hi Kirsty, Do yourself a favour and look up B17 an world without cancer the rest is up to you. I actually know this works. Janelle
Dear Lambert family
the 60 minute story was inspiring to say the least. My Son Deqlan was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma at 8 months of age n25 May 2007, has had 11 rounds chemo, 5 surgeries and has been no evidence of disease since 16 Jan 2008. I pray each and every day that he remains ned always - i pray each and every day for our warriors, and I pray for the cure to be found, its got to be out there somewhere. You are an amazing family, Olivia is an absolute blessing, what a beautiful and wise warrior she is. I have added your link onto our site and ask for prayers for all our warriors around the world. Continue to have faith in Our Lord, trust in Him to make your paths straight
God Bless and Hope
Samm mom to Deqlan
www.deqlanhiggins.blogspot.com
south africa
Your story is one of true courage. Thank you for sharing it and this is the bravest blog I have ever read. I wish you incredible strength.
www.jackduncan.blogspot.com
Rebecca Duncan
Dear Lamberts,
Our Son Bohdi attends the same preschool as Olivia...We are shocked and saddened that such a terrible disease should affect such a delightful little girl. She is an inspiration to all as is your whole family.... Much love and healing vibes to Olivia..
Love Tiffany, David and Bohdi Noy...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home